HPE Hot-Plug/Redundant 500W Power Supply Kit (720478-B21). The plug-in module provides fast, tool-less hot plug access to server power supplies for greater serviceability. The solution simplifies your spares strategy and reduces data center costs. The Flex Slot form factor provides more space to make additional server options and improve your IT performance.
Powering and cooling IT equipment at optimum energy efficiency is a top concern for IT and facilities managers. Since their introduction, HP Common Slot Power Supplies have helped data centers achieve the highest levels of power efficiency. Now HP ProLiant Gen9 Flexible Slot Power Supplies (HP Flex Slot PSUs) are featured in all HP ProLiant 300 Gen9 Servers, simplifying your spares strategy and reducing data center costs. HP Flex Slot PSUs give you the same efficiencies as HP Common Slot PSUs in a smaller form factor. In addition to the HP Flex Slot PSUs, the HP Flexible Slot Battery Backup Unit (HP Flex Slot BBU) is the industry’s first battery backup unit in the smaller HP Flex Slot form factor. HP Flex Slot PSUs and HP Flex Slot BBUs improve serviceability with a common electrical and physical design that allows for hot plug1, tool-less2 installation into HP ProLiant 300 Gen9 Servers. This technical white paper describes how HP Flex Slot PSUs and the Flex Slot BBU help to increase compute capacity (more available power), promote higher compute density by using less rack space, and reduce operating costs by improving power efficiency in the data center.
HPE Hot-Plug/Redundant 500W Features
Flex Slot Design
- Tool-less hot plug design improves serviceability buy allowing quick and easy access to system PSUs
- Common form factor across all ProLiant Gen9 Performance servers allows multiple server platforms to share PSU spares, reducing cost and space requirements for spares
Right-Sizing HP Flex Slot PSUs
- Multiple output options allow you to “right-size” a PSU for a specific server configuration and avoid “trapped power” capacity in their data centers caused by over-subscribing power needs
Multiple Input Voltages
- Accepts both low-line and high-line AC input voltages providing additional flexibility to operate in multiple It environments (500W and 800W Platinum only)
80 Plus Certified Power Efficiency
- Platinum (94%) power efficiency certification from 80 PLUS program, one of the highest power efficiency certifications available in the IT industry
- Reduces data center operating costs related to power by reducing server power requirements and power waste
- Optional Titanium-level certification with efficiency of up to 96%
- Works with multiple operating modes to maximize power efficiency when configuring servers with redundant PSUs
- Integrated support for HP Power Discovery Services which communicates with the intelligent PDU to monitor and manage power usage (1400W Platinum Plus only)